Batch Rendering Not Working SketchFX 3.0

I’m trying out SketchFX and I am finding that batch rendering isn’t working. It just renders the first scene over and over.

I’m on a PC with the latest win 10 and Sketchup 2020.

Thanks,
Justin

Hi Justin,
Thanks for your feedback. We’re unable to reproduce the issue; can you please send me a sample project to test it?
Thanks,

Alberto

Here is a test file that exhibits the problem. I tried it on a new file that I created with SU2020 and that worked, but on my file it continues to render the first scene only.

Here is the file:

Thanks
J

Thanks Justin,
We’ve found the issue and we’re going to release a fix soon. In the meantime you can set animation scene transition different from 0 seconds as a workaround.
Best,

Alberto

Edit: unfortunately, due to SketchUp API limitations, we can’t make it work when scene transition time is zero.

Ah. Let me make sure I have this correct:

• So as long as I set the transition time to more than 0, the batch render will work.
  • And in your edit to the post, you said you can’t fix this issue

No problem!

Thanks for the quick reply and for finding the problem. This will probably not be a big issue for me. Loving the extension so far.

Thanks again!

Justin

Hi Justin,
You’re correct. We’ll add a warning on the next release when you start batch rendering with transition time set to 0.

Alberto

Following up on this topic… Batch rendering being one of the reasons to buy the Ex version… I also cannot get batch rendering to export but one view, across all scenes. I’ve tried with scene transitions turned off, and also turned them on and set the transition to 0. No luck, it only exports the same image for all scenes.

I’m on Mac, running SU 2021.

How to batch render out each scene? Anyone successful in doing so?

Hi Tyson,
Batch rendering is perfectly working on our side. Please remember that every scene must have “Include in animation” option turned on in order to be correctly rendered.
Best,

Alberto

Thanks so much Alberto, I was testing all sorts of settings and missed the need to toggle ‘Animation’ in the scenes. It’s working now, whew! Thanks again.