Rhino Integration version?

I just upgraded to 1.1.5 on my Windows machine, but when I use the Rhino integration window, it tells me that version is 1.1.1 . Is this correct? I was trying to use the “Fit to Window” icon and noticed it wasn’t there.

Thanks

For some reason, the installer is not updating the integration plugin to 1.1.5.
-What’s the exact version of Rhino?
-What’s the Windows version?
-Is yours an administrator account?
-Can you please in try installing FluidRay as Administrator? (right click on the installer icon ->Run As Administrator)

Rhino version is 5 r11
Windows is 8.1 64 bit

yes to admin account, but I will try reinstalling as admin

I will let you know ASAP

After doing new install of 1.1.15, the integration is still 1.1.1

I can uninstall and do a clean install of 1.1.5

I use cleaner to uninstall, any other things I should delete before clean install?

Is Rhino installed in the standard drive (C:) and location: C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5 (64-bit)
Is this file present: C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5 (64-bit)\System\x64\rhiexec.exe
To clean everything:

Open regedit, delete the following four keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-Ins\d68d786d-cc6e-437d-a3dc-f8b1d92cf7e3
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0x64\Plug-Ins\d68d786d-cc6e-437d-a3dc-f8b1d92cf7e3
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0x64\Plug-ins\D68D786D-CC6E-437D-A3DC-F8B1D92CF7E3
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-ins\D68D786D-CC6E-437D-A3DC-F8B1D92CF7E3

Then, delete the following directories in the hard drive (change user name where appropriate):
C:\Program Files\Common Files\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-ins\FluidRayRhino (d68d786d-cc6e-437d-a3dc-f8b1d92cf7e3)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-ins\FluidRayRhino (d68d786d-cc6e-437d-a3dc-f8b1d92cf7e3)
C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-ins\FluidRayRhino (d68d786d-cc6e-437d-a3dc-f8b1d92cf7e3)
C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5 (64-bit)\Plug-ins\FluidRayRhino.rhp
all directories inside here: C:\Users\AppData\Local\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\temp\

If you start Rhino now FluidRayRhino toolbar should be gone.

Close Rhino, launch FluidRay RT 1.1.2 installer, restart Rhino

yes that file is present.

Should \I leave or delete it?

The first 2 registry keys, were not there, the 2 LOCAL_MACHINE keys were deleted

The file FluidRayRhino.rhp was not there. All other directories were deleted.

Once I started Rhino the FluidRay toolbar was still there.

I am doing a search for the dot rhp file right now.

No, don’t delete it, it’s part of the rhino installation

1 Like

I am going to uninstall and do a registry search for any FluidRay keys, then delete any I find.

Then do a windows search in the Rhino directories and delete any reference to FluidRay.

Then have more coffee!

Which coffee? Illy I hope :slight_smile:

Coffee Break here on the forum

Well my espresso machine needs a new pump;

So I have been using this waiting for the new pump.

I bought this coffee from Firenze at my local cafe, this way I don’t have to go downtown to get Illy, which I do get when downtown.

But I do do Illy …

A presto … Randy

haha good stuff :slight_smile: have a nice break

Strange,

FluidRay toolbars seem to be in Rhino default toolbar.

Looking into how to reset Rhino default toolbar.

I just reset toolbars and NO Fluidray toolbars.

Now to try to do new install :expressionless:

I got it,

But it seems all of the windows are separate, If you look close in the image, you can see rhino in the spaces between all the Fuidray windows, and if I go to move the menu bar, only it moves.

Hi Randy,

That’s great news! So you solved the problem by resetting the Rhino default toolbars? how did you do that?

From version 1.1.2, the windows are separate, because when you are using the integration, you happen to switch between Rhino and FluidRay a lot, so it’s more practical this way.

Hi Nicola,

I was without internet for most of the day and probably shouldn’t have it now because the provider tech support can only come tomorrow to change my router.

The command is ToolbarReset in Rhino.

I understand the split windows now after seeing you use them in the Rhino Integration video.

A presto … Randy