FluidImporter "Import Failed" in SketchUp 2013

Greetings. I am attempting to use FluidImporter 2.0 with SketchUp 2013. Sometimes it works just fine, sometimes it doesn’t. When it doesn’t, the only diagnostic is a very helpful message: “Import Failed.”

An example of an .obj file that won’t import is the xFrog Kanzan Cherry tree (http://xfrog.com/product/BS17.html). This model is freely downloadable, so you can try it out without having to buy anything.

Thanks,

-Steve

Hi Steve,
Thanks for reporting the issue. We’ll look into that.

• Nicola

Perhaps I’m missing something (I’m not much of a SketchUp person), but I guess I misunderstood that FluidImporter 2 was a free plugin (I now see in the description it says it’s a 30-day trial, but I couldn’t see where to buy a copy…I’ll look again). I downloaded and installed it on a fresh install of SketchUp 2013, but when I try to File>Import>OBJ it acts like it is loading with a progress bar, but above it it says “fluidimporter trial expired. go to plugin options to activate”. I can’t figure out where “plugin options” are, but why has a trial expired anyway…I just installed it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
John

UPDATE: I see it now in the store for $29, but I’d love to test it out first to make sure it can load my OBJs. Thanks for your help.

Hi There,
The old FluidImporter 1.0 is free, but it only works on SketchUp 7/8. FluidImporter 2.0 for SketchUp 2013 is available for a fee to support development. How long ago did you install FluidImporter for the first time? To access the plugin options go to File->Import and select .obj as file extension. In the same dialog, there is “Options” on the right hand side.