Hi Alberto, thank you for your remarks!
Yes, you're right, but I was talking from an FX point of view: in absence of an User manual, I thought AO can be manipulated from inside FX. In fact, there are two AO: one that comes with the Architecture 2 AO preset in FX, where the background cannot be manipulated, and the basic AO.
Actually, there are several issues…
Regarding AO alone:
- Changing Backgrounds and Environments only works in SU viewport!?!
While in AO – separate window, despite the fact that the menus suggest the possibility, it is not possible to change Backgrounds and Environments from here (this is confusing, these menus should be adapted).
- When downloading Backgrounds pack1 and Environments pack1, they are unzipped somewhere in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\AOEx & \AOPro: shouldn't they go somewhere more closely related to SU, like C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2017\SketchUp\Plugins\AO\etc.?
(I guess we could move them by hand, but carefully)…
[For my part, I have enriched the AO backgrounds and the FX images with skies and other parks of my own (1600x1067, 300dpi)]…
Regarding the use of AO from inside FX:
- 1st, one has to prepare AO in SU viewport;
- Only then can FX take in account background changes (this answers your question).
- However, solid color backgrounds set in AO alone aren't taken into account in FX (background stays SU color: in SU, I've turned off sky and ground, background to white).
- To deal with the background issue in FX, I add an Image from file.
In conclusion, AO is a convenient way to change moods of the architectural object before dealing with exteriors and other (graphic) effects in FX: great software!