New User - Blurry Render

Hi there,

As mentioned I’m super new to FR, so there may be something really basic that I’ve missed, but I’m trying to render my first interior scene and the quality of the render is super blurry and with a ton of uneven surface light on what is quite basic geometry. For further info. It’s a room with a skylight, no windows, and a false ceiling below the skylight to bounce the light back up off the ceiling and down the walls. The floor (the only complex geometry) is made of little cubes with rounded edges (like large dice I suppose). Basically, it’d be nice to get the wall lighting less blotchy and the floor more in focus and less looking like it has a motion blur effect.

Any help would be much appreciated! Also, I know it’s a weird time out there for people, so hope you’re all safe and healthy out there!

Tom

Hi Tom,

For sure we’ve seen better times, but let’s hope the situation will get better soon.

For the renderings, how many samples per pixels were done before you saved the rendering? You can find the number of samples per pixels (spp) at the bottom of the render window.

Hi Nicola,

Thanks for the reply! Annoyingly I have been fiddling with the settings to try to get a better outcome. Is there a way to still/re-find them?

Thanks again,

Tom

I’m also assuming you saw the render settings in the top images (if that helps).

Tom

Before saving the image, please wait until the samples per pixels (indicated by the arrow in the picture) reach a high enough value, let’s say 64spp.

Heya, I did let the render run through to complete (it took 1hr 40min) so I’m assuming that was letting it run through, right? Unless I’m meant to let it run after it says Complete/Done to the right of the spp count?

Tom

How many samples per pixels was it?

Hi there,

Annoyingly I neglected to look and can’t recall - which is no help I know! I’ve since moved on to Modo which is obvs much more complex and complicated - I just couldn’t find any variables to change within the super stripped back FR interface. A shame because everything I’ve seen online looks really amazing?!

Thanks so much for your time so far though, maybe I’ll be back with a more suitable project??

Tom

Hi Tom,
It’s a pity, your project looks exactly what would be very quick to do in FluidRay. It should be a matter of importing the model, assigning the HDRI environment and waiting for a couple of minutes for the rendering to complete. No change of settings should be necessary. Whould you be willing to share the model so we can take a look?