Subdivision node?

Hi again.
I’ve recently started with this amazingly fast renderer(serius, i’ve try arnold and i’m not sure for the winner) and i’m a little bit lost.
I’ve modeled a simple scene for try and test material, light…after apply the material to some objects i see that they’re faceted, withot any smoothing. This works fine for walls etc…
Can be a way to, as with the transform node, we can use a Catmull SubDivision node?
And if there is a way, why not to navigate around the scene with a factor and renderer with another(dreamsWink)?
I’m working with a scene that have a canddle and didn’t see any subsurface scattering shader, but i see that we can works with mediums…how is the correct workflow?
Thanks to all for the patince.

Hi,
I’m glad that you like FluidRay! Can you please check that the .obj files contains the shading normals? FluidRay RT right now uses whatever shading normals are found in the obj file, and if it doesn’t find them, it makes normals that are perpendicular to the face. So the faceted look could be caused by the absence of shading normals in the obj file or the objects that were not smoothed before exporting. Would you provide a simple obj file reproducing the problem?
Right now subdivision surfaces are not implemented yet. We are planning to add Pixar’s OpenSubdiv in the near future though http://graphics.pixar.com/opensubdiv/.
I’m not sure if I understand correctly, but you can already have the same scene connected to two renderers and use two RenderViews to navigate with one and render with the other.
Subsurface scattering requires the integrators to support multiple scattering in the participating media, which is not supported yet. Since it has been requested a lot, it will be implemented soon.

Hi
It’s a pleasure to hear about those two things, the pixar’s openSubDiv and the subsurface.
I need to make some researches with the export of the obj from blender, like the smooth option, i don’t know if i can use the face smooth or the edge smooth so it’s gonna be a loooong scientific probe and error road.
With the subdiv factors i mean that, for example; use a kind of view like the povided opengl with a smaller number of subdivisions and another higher one (if it is needed) for the full render. But ist just for the quick fine tunníng onf the camera placement in my case.
Another way to do that can be the use of geometrical cameral or a gizmo; like it was a sphere or a plane. The placement of the camera in the interior of a room makes me hard because it was out of it.
Thanks for the help and the good news.

Cool, regarding the camera placement, we have some improvements already in the to do list. Thanks for the suggestions!